Tuesday 13 January 2009

My 10 Ambitions for 2009

1. Sail on a boat and play Guitar

Sail on a boat all by myself and play a song on my Guitar under a blue sky and over the blue water. Wow!! Trust me, this one came out from one of my dream.

January - Guitar Practise ***Not acheived*** :( UNHAPPY
February - Guitar Practise ***Not acheived*** :( UNHAPPY
March - Guitar Practise ***Not acheived*** :( UNHAPPY
April - Guitar Practise
July - Start Sailing classes

2. Clear CFA Level 2

Clear CFA Level 2 with over 75% score in all subjects.

January - Finish 1 book - Derivatives and Portfolio Management ***Started but Not finished***
February - Finish 1 book *** Partially Achieved ****
March - Finish 2 Books *** Partially Achieved ****
April 20 - ** Finish Course**

3. GMAT

Give GMAT and apply.

January - Finish Grammar Book ***Not acheived*** :( UNHAPPY
February- Finish Grammar Book ***Not acheived*** :( UNHAPPY
March- Finish Grammar Book ***Not acheived*** :( UNHAPPY
April - Finish Grammar Book

4. Prove myself in new working environment

Find a place for myself and create an image in HQ. Take initiatives.

January - Proactively start writing a paper on one of the biggest challenge bank face and ways to tackle it. Deliver by end of Feb. *** Good effort **** HAPPY

March - Trying but not acheived where I would like to be ** NOT VERY HAPPY ***

5. Run in a marathon of 10 km

Get out of the mental block that because of Asthama I cannot run. Discipline running and regular gym should make me finish a marathon. Objective is to finish the marathon and not worry on speed.

January - Jogged for 7 times - Best 7.5km/hr for 5.0 km - 39m 40 s *** HAPPY ***
February- Jogged for 10 times - Best 9km 70 mins *** HAPPY ***
March - Jogged for 3 times - Best 10 km - 74m *** HAPPY ***

6. Read 24 Books - 2 per month

January -
"Thousand Splendid suns" by Khaled Hosseini, "Dreams from my father" by Barack Obama (yet to finish)
February -
"The Shack" by Wm Paul Young
March - None

7. Start writing the book which I am thinking on since long

Subject - Confidential ;) Start from July.
July - Design framework

8. Learn professional photography

January - Buy Nikon DLSR Camera and get hands on. ****Price went up**** will wait for some more time.
February - Bought Nikong D60
March - Read book and basic functions learned during my Italy trip. Participating in HSBC photo event

9. Travel to 3 countries

Feb - Berlin, Germany ***Cancel *** Tickets too costly
March - Italy ** Done **
April - Scotland **Postponed to August **
July - Ireland

10. Be happy and Assertive

This is a feedback from friends and colleagues. *** Better than before ***

3 comments:

Guppu The Greatest :-) said...

Abe nakalchi bandar :-P
Just kidding !!!

But what a concidence:
Our 1st blog is on the same lines !
My 2 out of 3 goals are there in your goals also !

I guess, great people think alike ;)

Guppu The Greatest :-) said...

Abe 12 se 24 ker di books :-)

Guppu The Greatest :-) said...

'Barack Obama-Dreams from my father'

It should be a nice book. Do let me know, how is it, once you are done with it.